Dust off your sewing machines and fire up those heat guns, the TwitchCon Cosplay Contest is back! Join the best cosplayers on Twitch and stream your process to compete for a prize pool worth over $70,000 and a grand prize of $15,000!
We are happy to announce all of our finalists for the TwitchCon Cosplay Contest!
- AzureProps - Artorias the Abysswalker from Dark Souls
- Shepherdofmen - Deathknight Anduin Wrynn (World of Warcraft)
- Final_cosplay_corps - Barioth armor set from Monster Hunter
- Cullensworkshop - (C)razy rat - inspired by Japanese artist y_nakajima
- Bjornsworkshop - The Plague Bringer, an original character illustrated by Zach Fischer for Project Ebon Blade
- KaraStarr - Princess Peach from Super Mario Odyssey
- xx2shy - Witch Doctor from Diablo 3
- MCPvr - Darth NoArrow, The Dot Beat Block Sith Lord from Beat Saber
- Bella_Nephilim - Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere
- Cigneutron - Motherbrain from Metroid and Captain N game master
- CaseyReneeCosplay - Amethyst by the artist Sakizou
- AndyRaeCosplay - Jaina Proudmoore- Battle for Azeroth version
- Maridah - Zelda from Breath of the Wild (Royal Dress)
- RainbowRedwood - Riko Sakurauchi from “Love Live! Sunshine” and “Love Live! School Festival”
- Intraventus - Queen Esther Blanchett from Trinity Blood
Larger Than Life
- ShinoXart - Bahamut from Final Fantasy X
- Strangelittlecat - Nightmare Cenarius: World of Warcraft Legion boss, demigod
- TerribleTrioCreations - Khan Grimblood, Blood Legion Charr from Guild Wars 2
- Boondoggling1 - World of Warcraft Goblin Shredder
- Frostbitecosplay - Orisa from Overwatch
Watch them all compete for the grand prize of $15,000 on October 27th at 4:30pm in the Glitch Theater!
Contest & Prizes
Based on your feedback from previous years, we’re changing a few things to make this year’s contest even better. We will still have four categories to compete in (Needlework, Armor, Larger Than Life, FX), and the grand prize winner will be chosen from the winners of each category. We’re also increasing the amount of money given to each of the category winners:
- Grand prize: $15,000
- Category winners: $4,000
We know that transporting your costumes and having assistance on site is important, so all finalists will get a TwitchCon badge for themselves and one for an assistant. Half of our prize pool goes towards the travel stipend for all of the finalists because we want to make sure cosplayers have the best TwitchCon possible:
- Travel stipend for Needlework, Armor, and FX: $1500 and 2 tickets for each finalist
- Travel stipend for Larger than Life finalists: $2500 and 2 tickets for each finalist
Entry & Judging
We want as many people to participate as possible so we’re happy to announce that this year we are able to open up the contest to cosplayers living in Canada, excluding Quebec.
We will also be enforcing highlighting of your cosplay content. This not only helps us in ensuring that all applicants have the required amount of time for broadcasting but also allows you to keep your videos forever.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the TwitchCon 2018 Cosplay Contest. Open to Twitch members who are legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., and CAN (ex QC), over the age of majority. Other restrictions apply. Contest period: 6/15/18 – 9/15/18 at 1:00 pm PT. Finalists must travel to TwitchCon in October 2018. 20 finalist prizes available: $1500 USD and two TwitchCon 2018 tickets (ARV $1900 each). 1 grand prize available: $15,000 USD. 4 category prizes available: $4000 USD each. Cumulative value of available prizing is $74,000 USD. Odds depend on skill in meeting judging criteria, and/or result of a public vote. Void where prohibited. Subject to Official Rules at https://link.twitch.tv/CosplayContest2018Rules. Sponsor: Twitch Interactive, Inc.
What are the key dates?
- Contest period 6/15/18 - 9/15/18
- Submissions open 8/15/18
- Submissions close 9/15/18
- Community voting opens 9/17/18
- Community Voting closes 9/21/18
- Announce finalists around 9/28/18
- Finale at TwitchCon 10/26/18 - 10/28/2018
What are the categories?
There are 4 categories: Larger than life, Needlework, Armor, and FX.
How are the 20 finalists chosen? How does the onsite judging work?
There will be a public voting period where 4 of the finalists are chosen by the community, 1 from each category. The rest will be picked by a panel of judges. Onsite, our panel of judges will review each costume and score them for the finale.
My question isn’t answered! Where can I ask something else or for more clarification?
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any additional questions!